Laguna Blends Growing Portfolio Proven Strategy

Ryan Allway

December 12th, 2016

Feature Stories

The global market for hemp-based cannabidiol (CBD) will grow from $90 million in 2015 to $450 million by 2020, according to the Hemp Business Journal’s latest research, which represents a compound annual growth rate of nearly 60% over the five-year period. With a growing body of research highlighting its benefits, consumers are turning towards over-the-counter CBD-infused products to improve wellness and support overall health.

Laguna Blends Inc. (OTC Pink: LAGBF) (CSE: LAG) (FK: LB6A.F) is a leader in the distribution of hemp and cannabidiol (CBD) products. Over the past year, the company has acquired the rights to two leading hemp-based CBD consumer product lines – CBD Naturals bottled water and CannaCeuticals skin care products. The company plans to market these products through its online marketplaces and growing affiliate network.

In this article, we will look at Laguna Blends’ unique approach to the market and why investors may want to take a closer look at this emerging market leader.

Growing Product Portfolio

Laguna Blends has built a strong portfolio of science-backed products that target unique segments of the hemp and CBD industry.

The company’s initial products include its ‘Caffe’ Protein Coffee developed with PNP Pharmaceuticals, as well as its PRO369 hemp protein single serve drink mixes developed in conjunction with Naturally Splendid Enterprises Ltd. (CSE: NSP) (OTC Pink: NSPDF). These products were launched in March and generated more than $100,000 in revenue during their first eleven weeks on the market, according to company press releases.

In July, the company signed a letter of intent to acquire the rights to distribute ISO International LLC’s CannaCeutical CBD skin care products across the United States, Europe, and Asia. Made with a pure, cosmeceutical-grade CBD extract from Switzerland, the skincare line provides anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties to prevent the effects of aging. Clinical trials conducted by BioScreen Testing Services Inc. found a 100% improvement in skin appearance.

In October, the company signed a letter of intent to acquire a 60% equity interest in Carlsbad Naturals and exclusively license its products in Asia and Europe. The $1.8 million transaction also provides the company with a 120-day option to acquire the remaining 40% equity interest. With more than $500,000 in sales since August 2016, the company applies nanotechnology to increase the surface area of cannabinoids put in its bottled water product lines.

Sales & Marketing Strategy

Laguna Blends has a multi-pronged approach to marketing and distributing these products throughout the United States and around the world.

The company initially launched its ‘Caffe’ and PRO369 products through an affiliate network of over 100 individuals back in March. Since then, the affiliate network has grown to over 300 individuals and has been expanded to include business-to-business sales. These affiliates are supported by a pro athlete strategy that includes Canadian Football League Pro Emmanuel Arceneaux and NFL Champion Marvin Washington as brand ambassadors.

In addition to its robust affiliate network, the company has begun investing in online marketplace sales efforts. C&I Studios was hired in September to increase market awareness of its functional beverages and hemp protein products, while sales through online marketplaces have generated consistent results thus far. The company also announced European sales efforts to reach some of the region’s largest retail chains and home shopping networks.

These efforts are supported by a recent oversubscribed private placement that generated $1,384,450 in proceeds. In addition to providing working capital to finance its growth, the strong demand for the private placement underscores investor confidence in the company.

Looking Ahead

Laguna Blends Inc. (OTC Pink: LAGBF) (CSE: LAG) (FK: LB6A.F) is a leader in the distribution of hemp and cannabidiol (CBD) products – a market that could reach $450 million by 2020. Investors interested in the cannabis industry or functional beverage space may want to take a closer look at that stock as it gears up its brand portfolio and kicks its affiliate marketing efforts into high gear to unlock value for shareholders.

For more information, visit the company at:

https://lagunablends.com/

https://www.twitter.com/lagunablends

https://www.facebook.com/LagunaBlends/

About Ryan Allway

Source: CannabisFN